Mar 18, 2008

Weather,

The weather has actually been ok today. There was only a small bit of rain on the way home from all of my classes. Holly got home early from work tonight so we went for a walk outside before I had my Relay for Life meeting. The weather was great but it was starting to get windy.

Today in my communication class we talked about language and then specifically about regional words like using the word coke for all variations of soft drinks. And then about Appalachian Speaking. Here's one of the examples on phrasing and terminology:

CM DUX!
MR NOT DUX!
OSAR! CM WANGS!
LIB! MR DUX!
Can you decipher that?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

no clue

Susan said...

See em ducks!
Em are not ducks!
Oh yes they are! See em wings!
L i'll be! em are ducks!

Leanne said...

I am with "THE GRANT" no clue! Glad you didn't get too wet.

Will you and Grant get to be at the dinner Thursday night? I hope so. Seems like we haven't seen you all in FOREVER! Be careful.

Anonymous said...

Wow~! I was clueless.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you posted that!!! Madison has been driving me NUTS with it for the past week and I actually figured "the grant" was the one she got it from!!! By the way...I just found your blog and am looking forward to keeping up with you!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...