Mar 27, 2008

My Daily Plate

I've been so busy lately I haven't kept up with my January/early February exercise routine. I am hoping to get a little more active once the weather gets better. Today it's raining cats and dogs. And the bad part is that Relay is Friday night. It's supposed to be in a field (grass) on campus. There is no rain plan... just tents, ponchos, and umbrellas. It is supposed to be raining until Tuesday. So please pray that the rain stops and Relay is not a muddy mess. Or that there is a thunderstorm and they are forced to postpone. I know it will be miserable to be out in the rain for 12 hours. yuck.

So back to the healthy part. I had a nutrition class this summer and we did a diet analysis on what we ate for a week. I discovered an online tool to help track food and exercise. It is the Daily Plate. You can search for your favorite foods and it will save it for you. It knows most brands and you can even set up meals to save. I have a breakfast and lunch saved and it's really convenient. It lets you decide how many calories you need per day based on your current weight, your activity level, and the amount of weight you would like to loose per week.

The exercise part will let you search for different activities they have the calories burned per hour for. I was able to look up my walk to class for 20 minutes and 45 minutes of writing will sitting for during class this morning! I know that's probably not really legit, but hey it makes me feel a little better about making it to class in the pouring rain. Y'all should try it out and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Leanne said...

I just took a look at that site. It is pretty interesting. I usually have no clue as to how many calories I am taking in. I have entered in my intake for the day so far and have used up most of my calories! ha ha I think I have 590 left. I may be in trouble.

Brittany said...

I burned 14 calories brushing my teeth today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...