May 16, 2009

It's a Girl!

Congratulations to our good friends Corey & Amber on the birth of their first child! Aanmber called me Thursday to let me know they were on their way to the hospital. Friday morning when I woke up I couldn't wait to find out if Resse was here yet or not. Amber's sister Tori had emailed me her phone # to call for updates. Amber had a hard night. Around 6am she had only dilated 3cm. They gave her an epidural. Around 10am Amber & Baby Reese were under a lot of stress. The doctors decided they couldn't deliver naturally. They took Amber for C-section and Reese was born healthy! The cord was wrapped around her neck twice so it was a blessing that the doctors knew to do the C-section. Amber was upset about having to have a C-section, but I know it was best for mom & baby. I pray she heals well.

Grant and I are going to go visit them this morning in BG at the hospital. Our other friends, Nathan & Sarah, are going with us. We will have to carry on the DINKs(Double Income No Kids) status without Amber & Corey now! Haha.


Today is also a special day because my good friends Sarah S. is getting married! I am so happy for her and Josh. They live in O'boro where Sarah works at the hospital. Josh is taking a test for the E'ville fire department TODAY!!! He found out he could take it about a month ago, so they moved the wedding back an hour. He will have about 2.5 hours to get from E'villle to G'ville (about 1.25 hrs away) and get ready to get married! I'm praying everything goes smoothly for them today. I also pray God blesses their marriage the only way he can.

I hope to post pics soon! (And pics of the baby shower too!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...