Feb 27, 2012

Meal Plan Monday 02.27.2012

I'm linking up with I'm an Organizing Junkie for this week's menu planning. 



And just like I promised, here is my custom grocery list. 

Every week I go through and write down my meal plan in the top form.  I list everything we could possibly eat or need for each meal.  So even though it  seems silly to write down cereal every single day, it helps me assess what I need to be buying.  This week I actually did my meal plan on a notepad and did shopping that way.  So my above computer version only left the roast in my "to buy" section.  I am a vegetarian and hubby won't let me buy the meat.  I am somewhat unsure in that department :)
After I've made my plan I fill in my grocery list and cross the item off my "to buy" section.  I've arranged the list in the same format as my local Kroger store.  I assume it is probably pretty close for most stores.  This keeps me from overlooking items because I am following my list and going through the store in the same way.  I hope this gives you a good idea of how I menu plan and make my grocery list.  I'm still perfecting my method, but I am so much more efficient and effective compared to two months ago!  Let me know if you have any questions or if you'd be interested in me sending you a copy of my list. 

Come back next week and I'll tell you how I grocery shop!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...